About the project
The Teaming UP project is an opportunity for young people to try their hand at international business. Our goal is to increase the potential, confidence and entrepreneurial skills of students, as well as to support the formation of international youth business teams. The project aims to provide knowledge and experience so that in the future young people can create their own companies that can compete for local and global markets.
During Teaming UP, at least 60 young people from Valmiera Vocational Training centre (Latvia), Valga Vocational Training centre (Estonia) and Mercuria Business College (Finland) will acquire the skills needed to establish and manage international and export-capable companies.
Students and teachers will implement a brand new and unique international program “Teaming UP”.
- 12 international student business teams formed;
- More that 60 students took part in international business teams and more that 120 participated in international project events;
- We have developed “Teaming Up” programme Methodology;
- Events organized for the international student business teams: 1 bootcamp, 1 international team formation event, 3 local project informative events, 8 online workshops, 3 inspirational days to local entrepreneurs;
- Students together with mentors attended 3 mentor speed-date sessions;
- International teams took part in developing their prototypes in Valmiera Makerspace DARE;
- International student business teams attended pitching preparation event in Tallinn where they developed their presentation skills;
- 11 international student business team representatives attended pitching to investors event and presented their business ideas;
- We have developed “Teaming Up” programme Sustainability plan.
- Creating international student business teams;
- Local networking events within project partner organizations;
- Developed “Teaming UP” programme methodology;
- Team consultations with internationally successful entreoreneurship mentors;
- 8 online workshops and 1 bootcamp (also happened online in February 2021):
- Workshops for boosting Teaming Up community and business ideas to helo them grow;
- Customer profile & Marketing 101;
- Product development and design;
- Finance planning;
- Digital marketing and ecommerce;
- How to pitch;
- Pitching to investors event and Final Conference
- “Teaming UP” programme sustainability plan;
PROJECT SUSTAINABILITY PLAN
Valmiera Development Agency
Anna Marija Bērziņa, firstname.lastname@example.org, +371 26454562
Valga Vocational Training centre
Mikheil Mtchedlishvili, e-pasts: email@example.com, tālr.: +372 53706061
Mercuria Business College
Kaisa Paavola, e-pasts: firstname.lastname@example.org, tālr.:+358 406264466
Valmiera Vocational Training centre
Ilze Kobiaka, Ilze.email@example.com, +371 20556872, Room 403.
Implementation time: June 2020 – May 2022
Project budget: The total budget of the project is 538,966.29 euros, of which 434,647.86 euros is co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund.